The BEST WESTERN Calcot Hotel, Reading has recently become a member of the Green Tourism Scheme and combines
its green policies by actively investing a Corporate Social Responsibility policy [CSR]
It is the responsibility of the hotel to carry all measures reasonably practical to seek, meet, exceed or develop all necessary requirements to improve the hotel’s impact on society.
The BEST WESTERN Calcot Hotel will comply with all environmental regulations. Legislation and approved codes of practice relating to the process and activities of the company.
The aims will be:
- Assess the environmental effects of the company’s activities in it’s operation
- Reduce the amount of waste produced
- Reduce the consumption of raw materials, water and fuels
- Reduce and / or limit the production of pollutants to the environment.
- Limit noise levels as much as is possible in and around the hotel site.
- Support the activities of local organisations, groups and businesses, thus ensuring the BEST WESTERN Calcot Hotel continues to have a positive impact on the local community both in the day to day operations and in future planning.
The hotel management will strive to enhance environment and pollution awareness and understanding to all employees,
suppliers, guests, customers, sub contractors and the visiting public.
Wherever possible the BEST WESTERN Calcot Hotel will provide information to employees and the public on environmental issues.
Staff will be updated periodically on the hotels Green and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
A full copy listing activities completed, current operations and ongoing and initiates are available on application.
This declaration is made on behalf of the BEST WESTERN Calcot Hotel by the Directors and Senior Management team.